Do you know the significance of input impedance of ECG measurement ?
author: William Yin | R&D Office
|In the actual clinical measurement of patients' ECG, we will find some actual clinical conditions.In the composition structure of some patients' skin, the impedance of the outermost layer -"cuticle" is the highest, and it changes greatly at low frequencies and changes with frequency. The impedance is related to the electrode material, size, adhesive, electrolyte used and the outer layer/condition of the skin itself. In order to ensure the lowest impedance and improve the stability of impedance at the electrode interface, some skin preparation techniques use "sandpaper"as " skin preparation" before placing the electrode. Compared with other commonly used materials, Ag/AgCl electrodes of some compositions can provide the lowest impedance and offset. In the whole frequency range, the impedance difference between electrodes may be as high as 50KΩ. Reducing this mismatch will help reduce the possibility of common mode to differential mode.
|Input impedance refers to the impedance measured at the amplifier input before receiving the signal sourcewhen measuring the patient's ECG. The greater the input impedance, the greater the signal voltage entering the electrocardiograph, and the smaller the waveform distortion. Generally, the input impedance of the ECG amplifier shall be ＞ 2.5M Ω.
As a patient monitor of UTECH, the ECG input impedance is as high as 5M Ω. This design is to ensure that we can get the best ECG signal in the face of challenging patients with high skin impedance, so as to ensure more accurate and true ECG measurement.
if you want to know more information, you may visit our websiste: Patient Monitor, UTECH, China,patient monitor (chinautech.com)
- Clinical application scenarios of the patient monitor? 2023-02-16 424
- How does blood oxygen hypoxia do? 2022-12-14 521
- The correct use of SpO2 sensor method? 2022-12-13 552
- Theory of measuring human blood pressure 2022-11-10 515
- What is a hyperbaric oxygen chamber? 2022-10-27 474
- What causes an irregular heartbeat? 2022-10-25 481
- What reason is human body temperature low? 2022-10-24 442
- Who is oxygen therapy suitable for? 2022-10-20 460
- How should blood oxygen do low? 2022-10-19 433
- What is the normal range of respiratory rate? 2022-10-17 335
- Is newborn's body temperature higher than adult's? 2022-10-14 367
- Which cardiac tests are appropriate for the heart? 2022-10-13 303
- Why should patients fast for 6 hours after anesthesia? 2022-10-12 268
- What should we do if the blood oxygen saturation is low? 2022-10-11 308
- Newborn blood oxygen saturation 2022-10-10 294
- Ear Pulse Oximeters 2022-10-09 237
- Introduction to the key points of Patient Monitor operation 2022-10-08 240
- Relationship between blood oxygen saturation and heart rate 2022-10-02 258
- What does SPO2 mean on the patient monitor 2022-10-01 252
- What are the indications of the patient monitor 2022-10-01 1268